Saturday, April 5, 2008

Message from Mom

Mom's white cell count is up...way up! As you recall, she was down to .9, and we were hoping for something closer to 3. Well, her blood results came back, and she is at 7.8! Can you even believe it?!? God is SO good! With such a high count, she finally got to break her "house arrest" and do some shopping and eat out. We hope this continues throughout the week, so she will keep feeling good before her treatment on Thursday. Thank you for your prayers! Mom had this to say...

"To those I love,
I am so grateful for all you are doing. So grateful! I feel positively "transported" through these days and nights. Your prayers have more than sustained me; I have felt them every step. I've had minimal nausea, minimal pain, but oh, so much joy......May the Lord return to you the blessing you are to me.
With love and thankfulness,
Barb"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barkley Family,
You are all in my thoughts and prayers daily. Your whole family has been such a support to our family through our trials and we will absolutely be there in support of you. May the Lord continue to bring you strength during this difficult time.
God Bless,
Katie Hawkins

Anonymous said...

BARB & RANDY, YOU CONTINUE TO BE THE NUMBER ONE PRIORITY IN OUR PRAYERS AND THOSE OF OUR PRAYER GROUP. YOU ARE BOTH FAITHFUL SERVANTS OF THE LORD AND WE TRUST HIM TO SUSTAIN YOU.

OUR LIVES CONTINUE TO BE ENRICHED BY YOUR EXAMPLE.

ABIDE IN HIS GRACE.

TRUDY & LEONARD

Tony said...

So glad to hear that things are going well...

elizabeth said...

I am so glad that you are on the up. I will continue to pray for your procedure coming up. We love you!
Elizabeth Holmes

Anonymous said...

You are so brave. You are taking on this like so many other challenges in your life, with an attitude of let's get on with it so you can beat it and move on to better things. God knows the path you are on and will guide you through to victory. I love you. R