Thursday, May 15, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom!


It is appropriate that we got news worth celebrating yesterday at the oncologist appointment, since it is Mom's birthday today! The tumor has shrunk dramatically; so much so, that the oncologist had trouble even finding it during the exam! Her hope is that by the time the surgeon goes in to remove it, that cancer will be gone.

With Mom doing so well with her chemo treatments, Dr. Reyes recommended doing one more treatment before the surgery. This would push the surgery to July, and we would have one additional chemo treatment in June. After recovering from surgery, Mom will continue doing small doses of chemo and other maintenance treatments for the next year to get rid of the IBC. We still have a long way to go, but she's doing it! GO, MOM! This cancer obviously had no idea who it was messing it with!

Happy birthday, Mom! You have always been an inspiration to us, but never more so than in these last months. Your strength is outstanding, and although you say you're tired, it never seems to show. Your faithfulness is a true testimony to those close to you and those who watch from a distance. It's seems funny to be thankful for the blessings that came from this awful situation, but we can honestly say it has been our honor to go through this with you and witness your spirit. You manage to show God's love, endurance, and even joy through it all. We love you more than you'll know, and today we celebrate you!


All the kids
ps- Thanks for the hats, Patti!

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Happy Birthday! What great news! YOu guys look SO CUTE!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Barbara!
This piece of news is a great Birthday present for you. You are a wonderful example; you fight with strength, grace, and style!
Love,
Carola

Tony said...

So glad to hear that things are going well...

Anonymous said...

Hi there

I did a google search about you guys my name is Gilbert Lee and I go to Trinty Church. Back in January 6th I went to a prayer celebration and was talking to a lady name donna who was in my group. I told her that I live in Riverside and She told me that you guys live in Riverside and that you used to run a bible study there.

Well I live off of canyon crest mission grove and have been a riverside resident all of my life I went to all of the Riverside Public schools including RCC. Also I wanted to tell you that there are 7 or 8 people from Riverside that come to Trinity, so you guys aren't alone. This Sept since Gas is killing us I'm going to be going to the grove because of there starting an disabled minstry. So I will be making cutbacks to redlands.

email me back GLLee90298@yahoo.com

Gilbert

Anonymous said...

Hi Barb!

Have had a busy summer, but finally have some time to myself this week. Wanted you to know that I am thinking of you. Hope things are going OK. I continue to keep you in my prayers.

Patti Gromer