Thursday, May 29, 2008

South Dakota Bound!

Mom will leave on Friday for a road trip with her friend, Denise Celse, to visit family. We are excited that the doctor's have allowed Mom to go ahead with her three week trip, since the girls have had this planned for the last two years; however, we are still nervous for her safety and health. Please be praying these next three weeks that the trip will go smoothly and that Mom's health remains in good condition.
The new treatment with the herceptin seemed to work well. Mom did not experience any new side effects, although the fatigue continued. She pushed through a long weekend, filled with graduations and small trips, so she is doing her best to recover from that before heading out on Friday. Her white-cell count came back pretty low (1.9), so she had a booster shot yesterday and then will have another shot today. Our prayer is to get the count back up before Friday morning!
Once she returns from her trip, we will go ahead and have one more treatment, with the herceptin, before scheduling the surgery. Her next treatment is planned for Wednesday, June 18. Thanks for praying!
Love- The Kids

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Barbara,
Our thoughts will be with you in the coming weeks. We wish you a wonderful time and a safe trip!
Love,
The Oels Family

Anonymous said...

Dear Barbara,
Have so much fun on your trip visiting family and friends! We will continue to pray for your health and safety on your vacation! Enjoy!
Love,
Laura Pentz and Family

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Barb! Love the HAIR!! It's soooo wonderful that you will be able to go on this special trip--thank you Lord!! Please contact me when you return and we can plan to get together--OK? God be with you---always--blessings to you--always, Gig K.

Anonymous said...

Dear Barb.

You are always in our prayers, and hope you have a wonderful time with Denise (I know you will), I hope to see you soon and also for you to meet Mateus. Love...
Fabi, Gene, Max and Mateus

Anonymous said...

Dear Barbara,
as I was picking up my ticket to Italy (again, you might think!), I stopped by your office unaware of the changes in your life and health. I met with Randy and we prayed together.

Please remember that the Lord who allowed this cancer and Ingrid's cancer, brought my family through. He will also be powerful enough to bring you and yours through. Don't loose hope, please. We are praying for you, even from Taiwan. I am starting a position there at the Christian university where I once gave my testimony by e-mail which we all finalized together. They offered me a Chair Professorship in Applied Mathematics.
Love
Siegfried (Scheng-Ping), Sue, John and Rickie

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I HAVE BEEN PRAYING FOR YOU. I AM SO OLD I DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO LET YOU KNOW ON YOUR BLOG. laura is walking me through it. hopefully, I will remember when I get home. Have a safe trip and make lots of memories!
Sallie Gude